Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Beer. Enough said.




My adventures with beer these past couple of years have been, well just awesome! From the Three Philosophers, to Brooklyn #2, to Dogfish head IPA 120. I have tried a wide range of beers from stouts to pilsners and from lagers to pale ales and of course my favorite, Belgian ales. I have always, when on road trips, made it a point to stop at the local wineries for a little taste of the local juice. This year, I'll be doing the same but adding local micro breweries to my list. I might even make specific trips to selected breweries for first hand tasting and brewing techniques. And I just won't travel within the U.S., oh no boys and girls, I plan on making this a world wide adventure. Germany, the Czech Republic, South America, the Caribbean and many more places. Brewing beer is over 4000 years old and was used in the middle ages as the only source of drinkable liquid (except for wine). Water was polluted from human waste and to make beer it had to be boiled. When they finally came to America, the pilgrims still would not drink the water. Even though the water was pure they made beer. During the 1800's, British brewers found out that if you used an extra batch of hops when brewing, the beer would last much longer on the trips to India. Thus the IPA, Indian Pale Ale was born. Now, micro brewers all over the world are experimenting with back room recipes and creating some of the finest beers ever made. Beer lovers like me are in heaven and trying to keep up with all the new beers coming out it's almost too much. But, I will make it my best effort to try all of the beers that I can, even if it takes the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment